Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Postcards from KK

I arrived Kota Kinabalu on January, 14. Here are are some of the treasure I cherished from the trip:



This was taken at the Pulau Manukan Jetty, a tourist was feeding the fish. I once thought 'Finding Nemo' was Pixar Studio colour avalanche until I snorkelled at Pulau Mamutik, a smaller island next to Manukan. There I realised, Nemo's coral paled in comparison to Mamutik's.


This was taken while driving through the many bends towards Kundasang. Jas, asked me to wind down the window. The mountain air filled my lungs and already I was too heady with delight. Looking at the peak of Mount Kinabalu, though just a glimpse as it rained later, I was in awe of its beauty. It was majestic. Now I understood why Sabah is dubbed as Land Below the Wind.




For the first time I saw the legendary slipper orchid or the rare paphiodellum indigenius to the Mount Kinabalu National Park. I was lucky to have seen it in bloom here at the Kinabalu Heritage Park/ Botanical Garden. A walk through the park revealed many other types of flora that I have never seen before.




On the last day of my stay in Kota Kinabalu I visited the Orang Utan Sanctuary at Tuaran. Here are two of the seven orphaned Orang Utan at feeding time at the sanctuary. I don't know their names.

2 comments:

almuna said...

Bila nak update nih? Asyik gi Kinabalu je...he he

izinni said...

update update update .. nanti kuehpau naik bantat pulak! ehehehe