Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy Teachers' Day

Cikgu Rohaizan was in LRT with Nolly. She was very happy to meet one of her first students in an LRT far away from a class room, so she sent me an sms about it. Immediately, I called her and she bubbled away of how wonderful it was to meet her students now that she no longer taught.

Nolly, who is now pregnant with her seventh child (congratulations), and I were classmates and we had Cikgu Rohaizan teaching us Bahasa Malaysia decades ago. Ooh those ancient times. I was never any teachers' pets, being lembab, clumsy and blur all the time, but Cikgu Rohaizan and I grew close after last year's homecoming event.

Cikgu Rohaizan then, told me she had asked for a transefer to KL. She wanted a desk job. Early this year, her wish was granted but suddenly on Teacher's Day she missed her students.

"It's different. Everybody wished everyone Happy Teachers' Day, but it is not like what it was in school. Meriah!"

Teachers thinking of their students on their special day. Wondered how many students thought of their teachers today. I'm for one is terribly guilty, apart from Cikgu Rohaizan, I wished no one else.

To those who taught and prided in their noble profession, Happy Teachers' Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sob sob...sebab aku cuti, tak dak student pun wish aku happy teacher's day...
depa lupa sebab tengah periksa kot..