Thursday, May 18, 2006

Kueh Pau Day Out

Yesterday was spent, most lovely... It was my day off and I decided to treat myself to a nice restaurant and lunched alone. It was wonderful, no small talks, no pretense, no arguments, no wry jokes. Just me and serenity. I had read in the papers, a few days ago about creme brulee served at this restaurant, and thought I should give it a try. It was not what I had expected and feeling generous, I decided to fill in the comments card. To my surprise the manager actually read my comment and immediately reverted it to me.

"Why do you feel the creme brulee falls below your expectations?" In all seriousness.
Alamak. Err think think. "It lacks vanilla and the texture has bubbles."
He called in the chef and interrogated him in front of me.
"When did we make this creme brulee?"
"Saturday."
"What's wrong with it?"
"We did not have enough vanilla extract."
"Ok." Next he turned to me and said,"We are very sorry about it Ma'am," with suddenly a heightened American accent, of which I could not quite figure out why. "We will definitely improve it and the next time you are here, the creme brulee is on us." Suddenly he whipped out a card entitling me to a free dessert.

Ooo wheeee this is what you call SERVICE!!! Then again they charged me ten percent of my bill for service charge. I did not get it free like at any 786 Bulan dan Bintang restaurants. Still I was happy.

No comments: